Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Que?

The snow surrounding the parking lot is almost as tall as me. Someone wrote something in Spanish by the mailbox. The mystery and suspense is agonizing. These are the times I wish I was bilingual.

I spent the first ten minutes of my shift telling my coworker how expensive kids are. His kid is due in a week, and he has not chosen a pediatrician or decided what insurance the child will be born on. So I gave him my pediatrician's info because I really like her. And I let him know that the baby needs it's first doctor's appointment a week after it's birth. So he needs to get it together. Also, I think he hasn't stockpiled any baby supplies yet...which is unfathomable to me.

Our truck didn't come in, so we don't have any eggs or bread. People were appalled. And possibly personally offended. I think it just reminds people that essentials are sometimes hard to come by. That storms and extreme temperatures and global warming affects prices and supplies. And perhaps the end of days is near. Or maybe people should just be stockpiling because of situations like these. Even in our modern society, there are great inconveniences.

No comments:

Post a Comment