Friday, March 7, 2014

Poster Princess

The 16x20 that I printed came out really magenta. And before I got a chance to call the customer, she came in. She spoke English, but with many Spanish words, so I called my bilingual co-worker. Evidently she felt very entitled. For some reason she showed him her ID so he knew her name. She let him know she couldn't stay long because her family was waiting in the Mercedes outside. She wanted to us to know that the girl in the photo was the girl of a very rich and well-known banker. This woman wanted to keep the very magenta photo, for free, because she didn't want the photo circulating around. So we ripped it up. That magenta print lead me to try to open a ticket so I could get someone to help me fix the printer.
Before I had a chance to think things through, other people came to my department and were mean and difficult and interfered with progress.
Eventually I got the problem fixed, am I am totally proud of myself.

We have a new feature: a prompt on the register that asks the customer if they want a printed receipt or a emailed receipt. We are getting mixed reviews. I like it because of the environmental aspect. But I don't like it because of the extra step we have to take to get people rung up.

I was able to explain most, if not all, of our coupon policy to the new guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment