Saturday, March 1, 2014

Short (Sighted)

Good thing I don't put all my self-worth in my job. It seems that my co-workers don't think I'm lazy...but they know that I have a hard time getting certain jobs done. And they can see that I putter extensively. I get away with this behavior, for now, because I am pregnant. But I'm pretty sure I do work. I wonder if I could get another job that I'd be better at.

We were short tonight so I went to the Register for a few hours. Friday night is poppin' at our store. Sort of.

A guy came in and asked if my lip piercing hurt. He had the look of somone who injests a lot of chemicals. His fingers were stained with nicotine/tabacco. His face looked weathered from alcohol use and heavy drug dabbling.

An Assyrian noticed my eyes and wanted to know if they were real. They are. And apparently he thought they were breath-taking beautiful.

We have chocolate-covered marshmallow eggs (in a dozen egg carton) on a display. Some stoner guy thought they were normal eggs for a second.

I spent some time telling my co-workers about my coupon usage and deal-getting at a nearby grocery store. They were not as excited as they should have been.


No comments:

Post a Comment