Monday, September 17, 2012

Our Rewards Card

I tried to sign up one of my regulars  because he is "addicted" to those keychain cards. But when he typed in his phone number and it asked to verify his birthday, it thought he was born in '96. Which he obviously wasn't. So we had to go back in a change all his information. Apparently his son has been using his info. Which is why the jr/sr thing makes no sense.

Today was a puttering day. In which I was supposed to be in Cosmetics, but spent most of the day at the second register because signing people up for these damn cards takes so long. I spent a very brief period in Hallmark. I also engaged in some gossip.

A female regular said,
"Oh, you're pregnant! I didn't know you were married."
"I'm not."
"Oh, and you look so young..."
"No, not that young."
Honestly I am kind of surprised when people notice and comment on my marital status. It does matter, but it is nobody's business. And I kind of thought we were done with those thoughts. But I also think people think I'm much younger than I am. Because I have a fabulous baby-face, and because I'm working at damn near entry-level.



No comments:

Post a Comment