Thursday, September 20, 2012

Similarities

I was minding my own business, doing an awesome job in the Hallmark aisle when I hear,
"How far along are you?"
"Oh, five months."
I look to see who it was, and before I could say, 'Do I know you?' she says,
"Do you know what you're having ?"
"A boy."
"Oh! I just had a boy four months ago! You look fantastic."
After she said that, I was glad I wasn't rude. Nice ego boost there. Later I rung her up, and she was even more awesome. She said the most painful part of the whole thing was the three weeks right before she gave birth while she was still waiting tables. And she said once she got the epidural, everything was fine. And she was really excited about having a boy on account of us girls are a whole different kind of crazy. And she said "boyfriend" instead of "husband." I should have gotten her number or something. It was a very reassuring conversation.

I switched with my coworker and now I'm worried about who I'll be working with on Saturday. I hope those I work with like me. And are reasonable with the breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment