Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Funeral. And Smoking Pot

Today was your funeral. I think it finalized what happened was real. I wanted to go, but I was at work. We miss you, and there are some sweet pictures surfacing on facebook. A lot of people are asking me about you; and how everyone you left at the store are doing.

A woman walks up to the ATM and asks if she can get change for the twenty.
"Sure."
"Does your piercing go all the through or is it just through the top part of your lip?",
she asks as she stands to the side of my register waiting until my transaction was done. I pull my ring down to show her that it goes all the way through.
"That's the kind of ring I want."
"Yeah, I like it. It's the easiest to deal with."
She was about to say something else when a woman with a brown and black print dress walks by and says,
"Do you have security here?"
"Uhh, why?"
"Because there are people smoking marijuana in the parking lot."
"Ok, let me, uhh..."
I trailed off because right then the woman who wanted change freaks out.
"Bitch! Why you gotta worry about what other people are doing?! It's not like this is your store! You don't own the muthafucking air around here! Why you gotta tell on someone like that!?"
"This is my store because its' in my neighborhood! I don't want that activity going on here."
At this point, I already called the store manager to the front. The woman who apparently didn't want the change anymore had already left and the other woman wanted us to call the cops. Everyone in line was started by the reaction of the change-getting woman. I wasn't, because it was obvious that she was getting the money to purchase whatever was being used out in the lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment