Thursday, February 27, 2014

Lunch

The fun has begun regarding folks on the other side of the register telling me how I should look. One of my regulars came up to let me know that I was 'skinny girl pregnant', meaning that I look pregnant not fat. Because to this woman, being fat is the worst thing possiable. I'm fairly certain that she has body dysmorphic disorder and/or a regular eating disorder (like anorexia or bulimia). I know that she has gotten a boob job and liposcution. She said with her first kid, she thought her and her husband would be together forever so she 'let herself go'. She blew up to 200 pounds. She kept emphasizing that it is important to keep one's weight down so as not to allow one's man to get away. Whenever she comes in she tells me how hot I am. Obviously she doesn't hold me to her own impossiably high standards. Which I appreciate.
A woman who was listening in to our conversation said that she wondered why women today didn't bounce back to their orginal weight after having kids. In 'her day' 'all the women' just went about their business and dropped all the weight very quickly. She said she left the hospital in the clothes she wore before she got pregnant...which I doubt. Her comments irritated me greatly. I suggested that people are eating a lot of processed foods these days, which can make it hard to lose weight.

There is tension between me and my co-worker regarding lunches. I want my lunch at a certain time, which happens to be the same time she wants hers. She is so passive-aggressive, and she is tricky. But I am aggressive, so we'll see.

I told my co-worker that I went to the pool today, but I couldn't really swim because I was trying to prevent my 1 year old from dunking. He said that he wants kids really bad, and he wanted me to know how lucky I am. I know.


No comments:

Post a Comment