Sunday, July 8, 2012

Retail Purgatory

I was stuck in some kind of retail-store purgatory today.  No matter how much I prayed, the time didn't go any faster. And I stayed 21 minutes overtime. 

I forgot my lunch today. And my commute is around 40 minutes, so I couldn't go back home to get it. Forgetting my lunch reminds me of middle school anxiety. Luckily I had a Subway coupon, and I ran over there to grab my lunch and a sandwich for my boss. I wolfed it down and ran back on the floor. When I returned to my post, I noticed my snacks were gone. I bought store-brand nuts and toffee squares (both of which were terrible), and they were gone! I called the lady on the floor and asked her where they went. She said she thought they were overstock, and she put them back on the shelf! I told her they were open and I had been snacking...so she looked for them. Thank fuck we didn't sell them! That would have been a crisis! I got my snacks back, put my name on them, and at the end of my shift I put them in my locker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment