Sunday, July 15, 2012

Unicorns and Gay Men

This guy came in with a light blue t-shirt on that said "Lost Unicorn" and a silkscreen of a unicorn. "If you see it you are probably crazy." I told him I liked his shirt.

Another guy came to register with a pop, a container of Elbow Grease (which is a large tub of thick lube, presumably marketed to gay men, based on the picture of a flexed arm on the front), and a big bottle of Wet, which is another kind of lube. I resisted the urge to make obscene comments about his purchases. And I gave him a sweet customer service smile as I handed him his receipt.

One of my first customers was a women with very dated tortoiseshell glasses, a big red "I Love Lucy" hairstyle, and very brown eyebrows. She was not old enough to have such decade confusion. And she bought five cans of Chicken of the Sea Pink Salmon.

No comments:

Post a Comment