Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Phantom Tollbooth

I walked into the stockroom and discovered we had received a large package. Mostly white, (possibly a counter?) with cardboard at either end (for protection), and wrapped in saran wrap.  It was about eight feet tall and three feet wide. The labeling was unclear, and it said that any damages must be documented within 72 hours. I was walking around it, contemplating a Stephen King-like scenario involving this thing when I hear,
"Thats' not for you."
It was my boss, creeping around previously unheard.
"I wasn't going to open it. I was just wondering what it was. You know what it reminds me of? The tollbooth, from The Phantom Tollbooth. Milo gets it to relieve his boredom...and this has come to make my day more interesting. You know what I'm talking about?"
He nodded like he did, but I wasn't convinced. I took this opportunity to suggest corporate sponsors an anger management class for certain employees.

No comments:

Post a Comment