Sunday, September 1, 2013

Day And Night

I had a mid-shift today, and the diffrence between the night and day crew was...night and day. Everyone in the morning was happy, enegenic, giggly, and hard-working. The night crew was more focused on stocking than customers, and they were not enthusiastic. There were more people during the day shift, which could explain the emotional diffrence.

About a minute after I clocked in, I helped an older customer. He had a hat that said he was a WWII vetern. I did a return for him, then I ran around the store to pick up his items, because he has a hard time walking. I did a stock check for him, and then I rung him up. While I was ringing him up, he asked me about the profit-sharing options for us and he told me that for every paycheck, I should invest some. And that is how I will become a millionare. Like him. Then he told me this story about visiting his brother in Wyoming, sometime around WWII. He told his brother he needed to go to the drug store, and his brother said to shout out the store name. So he did, in a sing-song voice, and a horse comes running up to the house. He got on the horse, and went to the drugstore of his choice (the only one in the area). To get home, he yelled "home" at the horse. He said that I am young and pretty, and have a lot of time to invest wisely. And he wanted to know if I was single.

I got the giggles a lot today. And I got a good deal on foundation, eggs, eyeliner, and cookies. (72% off!)

No comments:

Post a Comment