Thursday, June 28, 2012

Baby Oil

I was in Cosmetics today, and this good-looking but little-English-speaking woman came up to me. She said (in broken English) that she was taking her kids to the pool today (thats' good, it was 102 degrees, literally) and she wanted to know what to use for the sun. She was holding a bottle of baby oil and a bottle of 30 SPF sunscreen. I said,
"Oh my God. Use the sunscreen. The baby oil will fry you alive."
Her and her daughters said thank you.
Later on they came back to dispute a price and her kid was trying on lipstick. Then she put it back. Disgusting. I caught her trying to open a package of cotton rounds and I said,
"Nope. You don't want to do that. Put that down."
And her face turned red as she walked away. I wasn't that friendly when she told me about her price issues. But I did call a manager promptly so I wouldn't have to deal with them. Maybe I should have told her to use the baby oil. (Just kidding!)

1 comment:

  1. Hey - Lorna here. I just want you to know I'm still enjoying your blog and your writing. I miss you and the Chicago gang. I hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete