Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Power of Two Front Teeth

These two boys came in, trying to buy some snack food. They knew they were short, but they had me ring it up anyway. They bought two liters of pop, a big bag of chips, and a tray of sour straws. I rung it up, they were over, and they asked me for a quarter. Nope. I advised them that the store brand 20 oz were on sale. They ran back to get them, and one boy said to the other,
"Which root beer did you shake up?"
When I rung them for the new pops, one boy starts to say something, and his friend interrupts him in a loud voice,
"Don't be telling her what to do! She knnnooowwws what she is doing! She's got the pooowwwer!"
Well said, son.

One of my semi-regulars was puttering around the third register, looking at all the magazines. I see something odd on his face. It takes me a second, but I realize it is two front teeth! He has a retainer-type piece, one that holds two front teeth. Many people take it out to eat... although most people do not play with it like that. It was a little freaky. Reminded me of my ex.

No comments:

Post a Comment