Monday, June 11, 2012

Those Are Some Mighty Big Spectacles

Dear S.B.A,

Among our long list of projects and tedious chores we do at work everyday, my latest reminders included:
1) Dress more professionally (always a problem, it seems)
2) Ask everyone in your aisle if they need assistance.
I was on my back from the drinking fountain, walking down aisle 9, and I see this little tiny woman squinting at the store-brand painkillers. Why she was squinting is beyond me, because this woman was wearing some giant glasses. They were obviously from the 80's or early 90's, possibly men's, far too big for her shrunken head, and, they were askew. Perhaps her ears are not level, but I think she just put them on wrong and didn't notice. This situation was especially unfortunate because they were bifocals.
She said she would appreciate it if I would help her find all the item on her list. So there we go. I helped her zig-zag throughout the store, offering my opinions on the best deals and then rung her up at Cosmetics. She was a sweet little old lady. I just wish she would wear her ginormous glasses straight. And you know me, I fucking love big glasses.

You will be pleased to know I rung up a lot of people at Cosmetics. And I sold one suggestive sale item at that counter.

Go team.
-K

No comments:

Post a Comment