Thursday, June 7, 2012

Mulch Fire

Dear S.B.A,
A guy I have seen before came in with his bike and asked if he could leave it by the other register.
"Sure, but I can't watch it for you."
"Ok, I'll just be a second. Where are the water bottles?"
"Aisle 9."
"Thanks. Oh, and just so you know, someone lit the mulch on fire. Right by the front door. Its' not blazing, but you should think about putting it out."
What?! Right on. He goes to get his water and I page,
"Help. On one."
I couldn't think about what else to page that wouldn't have caused a panic. Our coworker comes up and offers to help me put it out. To me, the fire looks like an accident, caused by a cigarette. But according to our boss, we are in the hood, and this was no accident.

I got to file some invoices and use the rubber stamp with our store info on it. It was pretty thrilling.

If you were at work today, you would have been happy to note who is back.

Heart. K.

No comments:

Post a Comment