Thursday, June 21, 2012

Questions

Recently, a regular of mine has been acting very bizarre. He was bizarre before, but his behavior seems to be more alarming. My manager thinks he might have questions and thoughts running through his head all the time, and to alleviate the discomfort of those questions (and possibly conversations) he asks people he sees as he is walking. On his way to the restroom he asked me a question, then the pharmacist. Both questions were non-sequiturs. I think it is his attempt at being friendly.
I was in the Hallmark aisle, and this guy noticed my new Justin Bieber display. (Whoa, it is awesome.) I was working in a different section, but I see him look over my new card selection. Then he turns to me and says,
"Do you know who Justin Bieber is?"
"Yup. I just put those up."
"Oh." He looks disgruntled and upset. Maybe I should have let him tell me who J.B is.
"Ok. So if you had to choose... who would you rather listen to... Justin Bieber, or..... ummm... Janet Jackson?"
"I think I'll go with Jackson on that one."
I look up and his face goes blank. He turns abruptly and flip-flops out of the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment