Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Unsupervised Children Vs. Loiters

Kids that I normally only see a few times a week are coming in a couple times of day now because it is summer break. And they are probably unsupervised. This kid who was probably a few inches taller than four feet came in. He had a faux-hawk and was wearing a brown terry-cloth bathrobe, a t-shirt, shorts and sandals. The high today reached well into the 90's, so the second time he came in I asked if he was hot. He said no. He had some trouble counting his money, and he hadn't been taught that tossing money at cashiers is rude. And he was with a much taller and probably older kid, who is someone that I suspect has some unsavory behavior under his belt.

The loiterer came and stepped in front of someone to double-bag his nasty clothes. I gave him a look and he said it was going to be ok. I don't like this guy because while I was on my lunch one day he yelled to me to come over, then started following me. When I turned around to ask him what the hell his problem was he asked me for money. Then he started in on his sob story and told me he wasn't a criminal. I feel that if you have to specify that, you probably are. Because I listened to him, I punched in late to lunch. He was wearing the same thing that day as today. According to our customer, he was harassing women and following people to their cars, asking for money. I told my manager who told me to tell the store manager. I told my manager that she should just let me loose so I could tell this guy to get out of our parking lot. Anyway, the loiterer told our store manager that he is racist, and that he just stopped someone from driving into our store. When the cops came around the corner, this guy booked it.

F.Y.I: stores are confusing to the general public because they are actually private property. We can, in fact, kick people out of the store. With good reason. I would like to see us utilize that right more frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment