Thursday, June 13, 2013

Harriet The Spy

I was facing the stationary aisle and I noticed that the black and white composition notebook with the taped binding is on clearence. And that made me think of Harriet The Spy, both the book and the movie. The book, of course, was better. I went over to the 19-year-old I was working with, and I asked if she knew Harriet The Spy. She did not. I remember the movie coming out when I was in the 5th grade. And reading the book in 3rd or 4th. And when I realized she had no idea what I was talking about, I felt really old.

I found a Post-it. It said
Kohls
excercize
and some other things.

I was trying to sell some gum to a guy I was ringing up and he said he wanted it to be one of those "freaky, weird flavors". He said,
"The ones that seem like ex-boyfriends. You know, fun and delicious at the the beginning..."
"And then leaving you with a slightly disgusting aftertaste?"
"Yes. Yes! We are well on our way to writing a country song."
Then there was an awkward silence while we waited for him to finish paying.

There is something long with my left eye. It is red/bloodshot, my bottom lid hurts, it hurts to blink and close my eye, and there is greenish pus coming out my tear duct. It started hurting around ten-ish.

No comments:

Post a Comment