Sunday, June 2, 2013

It Gets Interesting At Night

The girl working Cos at night came up to me while I was putting away my overstock. She asked what she should get this guy she has been seeing for a few months for graduation. We discussed. Guys are hard to shop for. I suggested fragrance, accessories, boxers, a magazine subscription. Previously she asked the guy working Camera, and he suggested a nice card and a meal. He said that if someone did that for him, he would hang onto that card for years and reread it. She told him she wanted to get him something extra. So he suggested a gun.

The same girl told me that one of our regulars came in and brought her a bag of clothes. I noticed those clothes, in a grungy department store plastic bag, sitting by the register, for quite some time now. The guy who gave them to her is asking her how they fit. She wanted to know what she should do about it. And she wondered aloud why that gentleman would bring her clothes. Did he think she doesn't have any? Is he trying to get in her pants? Is he trying to preform an act of charity?

Being midshift requires a lot of running around, which is what I did. I organized the clearance section, and then bought a whole bunch of it. I gave lunches and breaks and did some overstock.

Also, I finally bought a box of Mike N' Ike Cherri and Bubbs, which is a box of cherry and bubble gum flavored Mike N' Ikes. 89 cents. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment