Sunday, June 16, 2013

June 13 And Today, Father's Day!

On Thursday June 13 I worked a shift for my coworker. I needed the hours, I need the good workplace karma, and I got a babysitter (thanks Ma!).
When my hubs came to switch cars with me, he brought me his work van. Which is one of those white handyman/rapist vans. Right before we close, these two guys come in looking for C.Ds and/or DVDs. They had taken a few laps around the store and had gotten the attention of my co-worker. My co-worker watches them leave and we close up shop. While we are waiting for my manager to hurry the fuck up so we can get out of there, my co-worker spots my work truck. He starts to panic!
"Whose truck is that?! Do you think it belongs to those guys? Why would someone park there?!"
"Are you talking about the white work truck out there?"
"Yeah, the rapist's van?"
"Uh, that's my husbands. It's my ride home."
"Oh. Really?"
"Yes, man!"
Meanwhile, our co-worker has busted out laughing.

Today I was all over the place. My first 50 minutes were spent giving people lunches, racing around helping customers, and trying to get to my mangled Hallmark aisle.
I have decided I really need to pay more attention to the way people look, what they are doing, and what is happening in my store. In the event of a crisis, I need to be able to recall certain details.
Incidentally, I feel like I shouldn't have even been at work because it is my husband's first Father's Day. But obviously my manager doesn't care about my family time.

No comments:

Post a Comment