Monday, May 27, 2013

Hours

First of all, I think my manager is trying to screw me over. I'm not sure though. I noticed my hours were at 29 or 30 or 29.5, and I thought full-time was 32. So I called him (at the store, when I knew he was there) and asked him about getting more hours to make sure I was still full-time. He said full-time was actually 30 hours. When I asked a few other managers, they said they thought full-time was 32 hours. My store manager did say I could come in early if I needed the hours, and I guess I'll have to do that. I need to figure out how many hours full-time is, what happens if the insurance company drops me, and how to avoid getting screwed over. I need to make a call to the benefits people.

One of my regulars came in holding a toddler. She asked me to ring her up because she had her kids in the car. Of course I rung her up. And quickly, but how are you gonna leave your kids in the car? There are so many warnings about not doing that.

Another regular came in, with her kid. She was buying milk and she needed a roll of quarters. While she waited at the counter, her kid kept making farting noises with the Whoopie Cushion he had picked up. Every time he did that, she would shush him and he would giggle. It was actually kind of adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment