Sunday, May 12, 2013

My First Mother's Day

I shouldn't even be blogging about work, because this is my first Mother's Day. But I went to work. And now I'm blogging about it.

We were really busy for most of the day. I rung up this guy who was getting several different bouquets and cards and even a few stuffed animals. The woman behind him said,
"Thats a lot of mothers."
"Yeah. And this isn't even all of them."

I got to spend a lot of time, almost my whole day, in the Hallmark aisle.

An old Asian woman I was ringing up looked me in the face and said,
"Oh, wow. You have beautiful skin."
"Thank you."
"It's like porcelain. Do you tan?"
"No. I burn."
"Oh, your skin is so white! Like a doll."
I went ahead and took that series of statements as compliments.
She came back in a few minutes after her transaction and told me I was dealing with an old, cheap lady. I told her that's fine; I'm cheap too. And I gave her the sale price on her Raisin Bran because we left an old tag up.

I got wished a Happy Mother's Day by a lot of people. And one girl said I don't look old enough to be a mother...I went ahead and took that as a compliment too.

No comments:

Post a Comment