Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Rappers and Tatooers

I was busy facing the freezer and fridge area when I noticed a couple of hip-hop kids, a tatooed boy, and a young-looking girl. The three hip-hop kids were talking about folks they knew at Jade Dragon and what kind of ink they wanted and the tatooed boy said that he did ink, and he showed them the girl's back. She had a big flowered, outline piece. She seemed to be at the stage where she really wanted to be cool with an attitude. All of a sudden I felt really old. Then I heard one of the hip-hop kids spit a few rhymes (he was really fast), followed by the tatooed boy (whose style was more spoken word with a hip-hop beat). The whole interaction was everyone trying to find out what connections everyone else had, who knew who, who had done what.

When I left work I had some regrets about not helping my workmates more. And moving kind of slow almost all night. I got everything done though. And I regretted eating an entire bag of Pirate Booty as well as a Hershey's air bubbled chocolate bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment