Sunday, February 16, 2014

20 + 3

I took in an order for 20 rolls of film from an elderly regular. She had an ad paper coupon for 'buy one set of film prints get one free'. Both of us read it as 'buy one roll processing, get one free.' So I placed the order, and mentioned that the coupon might not work. She looked really stressed out, so I told her that she wouldn't have to pay full price. She said that she doesn't own a computer, so she doesn't do all 'that photo on the computer stuff'. Her camera is the store-brand one; customers can bring in the used film for processing and get another roll free.
My customer also told me that her now-deceased father-in-law had a darkroom, was a professional photographer (sort of) and had 4x5 or and 8x10 view camera with a hood.
She thought that I haven't been working there that long. But its' been almost five years. And I told her I remember waiting on her before. She said she thought she would have remembered a cute girl like me. She should have, obviously.

I made three purchases today.
1) I got my free-after-coupon purchase
2) 'Food'. And a gallon of milk
3) Clearance Valentine stuff

We got out on time. And I'm still going to be too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment