Saturday, February 1, 2014

Short Today, Again

Because that fucking girl quit without a two-weeks notice, we were short again. I was at the Register and it was exhausting.

We have a new guy, and I said a few words to him, but didn't actually formally meet him. I noticed he was wearing jeans, though. Fyi, we don't have 'casual Friday'.

Two young boys and an older man were shopping. The older boy took charge because the younger one didn't know what was going on and the man doesn't speak English. Sadly, the boy didn't understand our ad paper when it came to the Sunday coupons. So they didn't get all the deals they wanted.

I had some pinching, piercing back pain again. And that weird pain in my right butt cheek.

A guy came in and asked if he could pay in quarters. I told him that money is money. He hurredly counted them out, then mentioned that he owns a washing machine. For 'rent', the ones people use when they don't have their own. But those never come in just one...I wonder if he really does own just one.

At about 11:40pm this guy came in, and he was kind of an asshole. When he typed in his phone number on the pin-pad, he turned it far away from me, like I wanted his number. Then when I asked if he had his ID, he said,
"What do you think?"
What the hell is that? I just needed to see it to compare to his check.
Also, he couldn't find everything, but he didn't want any help with it, he just wanted to be mad.

When we left (28 minutes late) it was snowing. Nicely. Everything was finely coated and it seemed so peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment