Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Passports

I must have taken four or five passports today. Someone asked if we take pictures for Indian passports. We do not. We are in the States, so we take photos for U.S passports. I wonder where everyone is going? I used to be super-awkward at taking passports, and now I am a little less so. But I noticed that people need more direction than what I give them. I just give them a count-down and hope for the best. This reluctance to pose people, and instruct them on how to stand, is why I do not work in a studio.
Our new camera works better with no flash, at least color-wise. Which I found very surprising. Because we are in a store with florescent lights, I assumed that we needed the flash to cut down on the green. But we do not. How pleasant!

I had a hard time catching my breath for almost my entire shift.

One of my former regulars found me in aisle 8. He was really happy to see me, and asked me to smell both his wrists. He had been spritzing cologne on him, and wanted me to help him choose one. I did, although when he spritzed what he had ultimately chosen, it smelled mostly of alcohol. He said he hoped what he had chosen would go well with his man-scent. Then he told me that he was in a currency exchange the other, sniffed the air, and looked around to see a women he had dated 15 years ago. He recognized her scent! I chose not to make a joke about him being a dog.
Luckily, I got a call to the photo counter. I pretty much followed him down aisle 8, and mentioned that I was going to awkwardly follow him. He said that given all the things hes' done and seen, that wasn't awkward at all.

I really hope this thing on my finger isn't the beginning of a wart. Yuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment