Thursday, February 20, 2014

Plan B

There is a note in the office that said we got a customer complaint because someone in Cosmetics laughed at a female customer because (or while) she was buying Plan B. I wonder if that is true. If it is, my co-workers need to work on compassion and commen sense. But it is possiable the customer misinterpreted the emotions during the transaction.
A younger woman, late teens or early 20's, asked me if I worked there. I admitted I do, and she asked me to help her find ' the morning'.
"The morning after pill? Plan B?"
"Yeah."
I showed her where it should have been on the shelf, and then had to ask the pharmacy. The pharmacy had it, and offered an only slightly less expensive store brand.
When I handed her the pill and started stocking other things, she stood there awkardly for a second. And then said
"Uhhh..."
I asked her if she needed anything else, and she wanted me to ring her up. Because the worker at One was a male. While I was ringing her up, I thought about making small talk, or asking if she had taken it before...but I decided against it. I was really casual and non-judgemental about her purchase, as I should be. She came back later in the evening to get hand soap.
After the pharmacy closed, I realized I should not have left the rest of the Bs behind the register. What if someone had needed it? Tomorrow I'll try to remember to grab those.

No comments:

Post a Comment