Sunday, May 18, 2014

Addictions

This guy overheard me talking to another customer. Me and the first customer were talking about the price of cigarettes and how proud of ourselves we are for quitting. Evidently her sister died from a cigarette-related disease. After she left the guy said that he felt like most humans need some kind of addiction. He told me he used to drink a lot of alcohol, mostly in his early and mid 20's. (He is 39). And  then he told me that he switched to Mountain Dew. Then he decided to move on to energy drinks. I told him I used to drink a lot and now I clip coupons.

I helped the Pharmacy Manager get a coupon for Ziploc bags using his smart phone and our store app. I was pretty proud of myself.

A bunch of kids came in. One was the rapping Assyrian and one was the little guy. The little guy was wearing his rollerblades, and I told him to stay on the carpet. One of the other guys tried to use a 'school money' fake $10 bill to purchase some chips. He was oddly surprised I wouldn't take it. I think he might be slow. And the Assyrian is actually pretty good (at rapping).

No comments:

Post a Comment