Sunday, May 25, 2014

Moms and Prom

Apparently today is prom. I only know this because my co-workers told me so. And because our condom sales are up. A mid-shift co-worker told me that another co-worker told a mother who was shopping for her daughter (who was going to prom) that 'a lot of dudes are buying condoms for prom'. I   think my co-worker needs some more common sense. Even I wouldn't say that.

A woman who I think was about my age said I looked 'so young', as a response to me telling her I was working on baby number 2. I told her I was old enough to handle it and young enough to make it easier. She asked me how I took care of my lip piercing when it was new. And she asked what she should wash her derma piercings with, which she then showed me.

The woman in Cosmetics called off. The speculation is that alcohol is involved. My co-worker said she
'parties like a European',
meaning she goes out late, and parties well into daylight. He thinks she is hungover. My other co-worker thinks she went out to party tonight. Whatever happened to just getting a bottle a drinking at home after work?

An older woman came to my register with several bubble envelopes. Over the course of the transaction, she told me she sells stuff on Amazon.com. She started doing this when she and her husband moved in with her mother. Her husband had lost his job. But now he has one. She doesn't necessarily need the money (it would be nice, though) and she now just wants to get rid of the stuff.

I will be working on Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment