Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Maternity Shirts and Passwords

I locked myself out of the Register. Again. I had to ring up customers under my manager's ID. So I didn't get any suggestive sales. I have a feeling my manager didn't know how to get me back into the system, but he pretended he didn't because he forgot. I left myself a note by the punch-in clock.

We had a lunch fiasco, where-in I tried to give my co-worker the earlier time, which I thought she wanted. I verbally confirmed that I would take the nine pm lunch, she would take the 8:30 and the other woman would take 8 pm. 8 pm came round, and the other woman didn't take her lunch. 8:30 came around and I noticed the woman in Cosmetics was still there. At 9:05 I called the woman in Photo and she started to ask if the woman in Cosmetics was back yet. Just then the woman walked up. By this point I was very hungry, very cranky, and kind of dizzy. I got a little short with the woman in Cosmetics, asking her what she was doing. I won out on the lunch war on account of I am more aggressive and pregnant.

While I was under my manager's ID, I 'returned' an American Cancer Society donation. My customer thought he was hitting the cash back button. But he hit the donation button...and then I returned the donation as cash. That seems wrong to me. But I think we can do it. Maybe.

Today was Senior Discount Day, which meant we had a lot of old people milling around. One guy was wearing a button-up, a tie, and a sport coat. His button-up looked very similar to mine, which I pointed out to him, He looked annoyed, especially when I mentioned my shirt was a maternity button-up.

An Asian guy, whose first language was not English, was wearing a cap. His cap had a moose on it, and the brim read, " Speak Their Language". Which I thought was poorly planned.

This Senior Discount Day only gave 20% off on non-sale items. Which caused some unrest amongst the elderly.

No comments:

Post a Comment