Friday, May 9, 2014

Right On

Within the first 30 minutes of my shift, I dropped a snowglobe in the bag and it got my customer's cards and gift bag wet. So I had to go back to the Hallmark aisle and pick out her new cards. I couldn't find one, and it took me a while to finish the transaction. I was so annoyed. So was my customer.

Yesterday I rung up a guy who said,
"Right on."
"Did you just say right on?"
"I did. Yeah."
"I say that too! My husband makes fun of me; he says people don't say that in this state."
"I was born and raised here."
"Me too. Right on! See ya."

My shift did not turn out as badly as I thought it would. My co-worker appreciates the fact that I am not (that) scared of customers, that I have some street smarts, that I like to joke around, and that I mess with people. Point is, we work together pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment