Saturday, May 3, 2014

The Giggles

A neighborhood boy who wants to party and be a rapper, also wanted to purchase a pack of smokes. I told him he didn't need his ID because I knew him. He seemed surprised by that, which I thought was weird because he comes in a lot. He wanted to punch in his phone number for his rewards card, which I told him wasn't necessary because it doesn't really make a difference when one is purchasing smokes. He wanted to punch it in anyway. He was struggling, and then he said,
"Damn, I couldn't get my number because of some dumbness."
 I started giggling, uncontrollably. He said 'dumbness' a few more times because I think he was trying to test me, to see if that word was what was causing my giggles. I was doubling over on my counter, in front of the other customers. I like that guy, and I hope he understands that my giggles came on also because of my sleep deprivation.

Last night I got four hours of sleep. And I was able to take a two hour nap, but with the t.v on, during which I dreamt of murderous My Little Ponies. So today at work I was a little loopy, a little ornery.

Today I bought a big jug of Maxwell House coffee, on sale for $6.99, and I had a 50 cent coupon. I also got two packages of Bic Soliel razors, on sale for $5.99, buy-one-get-one-1/2-off. I had two high-value coupons, for $3-off-one. I paid $7-something. I'm ok with that price.

Sometimes working Friday or Saturday nights make me want to go party. Because it seems like everyone else is.

No comments:

Post a Comment