Friday, May 30, 2014

Late Tortas

We punched out 25 minutes late to even out our time cards. And because my manager doesn't manage his time well. And because we were busy and I didn't get my shit done early enough. And because the guy in Photo seemed to have a long to-do list.

An older woman (elderly) came to my register and after staring at me, she pointed to her lip and said,
"Doesn't this hurt the baby?"
"How would that happen?"
"Oh, well. I'm not trying to be offensive, but just call it mother's instinct."
"Ummm okay."
I don't know what she could have meant by 'hurt the baby'. Or 'mother's instinct'. Emotionally? I can't imagine.
Her friend was looking at the candy, and she set it in the pile with her stuff. So I rung it up. And she apparently did not want those extra pieces. And then she forgot that she didn't pay. I hate our customers sometimes.

A really obnoxious customer came in and demanded that someone price modify her photos because of what she thought she heard someone say her total was. I hate that woman. But she got her photos modified.

One of my fave co-workers got caught up by a narc who was buying cigarettes underage. So now we all had to sign some paperwork saying that we card anyone who looks under 40. Which is a crazy age. This is going to be rough.
We are also cracking down on what is allowed to be purchased using a WIC check. Finally.

A Mexican cook came in looking for plastic bags to bag his tortas. He started to explain what a torta was and I held up my hand,
"Sir, please. I know what a torta is. The bags you have in your hand should be fine, unless you have extra large tortas."
He told me he was working as a cook now, but he had a side business involving tortas, that he hopes to make into his sole source of income. I wished him luck, and a few minutes later he came back in with two tortas. For me! Sadly, they had some kind of chicken on them, which I do not eat. I asked him if they had meat on them and he said
"No, just the chicken."
Ok then. My co-worker gets these tortas. Apparently they were very good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment