Thursday, May 17, 2012

Dads and Grads

I got a card display from FedEx the other day, and today was the day I decided to build it. I had built one for Mother's Day, with the help of the Beauty Advisor. So I figured it shouldn't be too hard. Now, I don't know if I was just feeling particularly slow this morning, or if my coworker in my aisle was interfering, but I could not build this damn thing. My coworker was convinced that the magnified image of the clip was actually a third clip, and she wanted to know where I put it. It took me a minute to explain to her it was just a magnification. So here I am, in my Hallmark aisle, trying to stuff these two plastic clips in cardboard slots where they obviously don't go, and I am trying to avoid the sympathetic stare from the guy at the front, and I am trying to avoid the chatter from my coworker unnecessarily in my aisle. I am getting real frustrated and pretty agitated. I thought I read the directions sufficiently, but given the progress I have made, that is obviously not the case. I get so frustrated, I take the in-pieces display back to the stock room. Then I buy two Ghiradelli bars (2/$3 and I have a $1-off-two coupon). I hang out in the stock room for a while, eating Ghiradelli squares and rearranging Hallmark boxes. I decided to take another shot at it. I reread the entire direction sheet and suddenly figure out what I've been doing wrong. I put the side panels in first. After that, everything comes together, and I've built this thing in under five minutes. I take a picture of it, stock it, and drag it to the area near the front door.
So heres' to Ghiradelli, taking a step back, and reading directions. Go me.

No comments:

Post a Comment