Thursday, May 31, 2012

Razor Blades

Today was very peaceful. It was chilly, cloudy, and rainy outside, so there weren't many customers.

The customers that did come in were looking for ponchos, which we ran out of early. There also seemed to be a game somewhere; more people than usual needed spray-on hair dye and ponchos.

When I got in at 9am, my boss runs up to me, yells "I have to see you in the office, now!" I rush in to see what kind of trouble I had gotten myself into. He grins at me sideways, and says he has two big projects for me. I have to stock a special delivery. (No problem.) And I have to go through the whole store and scrape the pieces of ad stickers off the price tag strips. With a razor blade.
"Be very careful. This is serious work. Please don't cut your fingers off." my boss says to me.
I'm on it chief. I had hoped to be done with it sooner than I was. But I would have gone a lot faster if I hadn't had to spend so much time adjusting the current ad stickers. The best part of the whole ordeal was near the end, when my boss says,
"I'll give you this, though. You are very thourough. You did a good job."
I look at him sideways to see if he is fucking with me.
"No, I'm serious. I'm not going to name names, but the other person I had do this skipped, like, four aisles."
"You don't need to name names. I know who you're talking about. Thanks for noticing my work."

I think we're ready for inventory. Although I can't be sure.
I know that I'm ready to shop at another store if I need to, because I finally printed out my paycheck stub. It took me a minute to get to the page, and for a moment I thought I forgot my password again. My boss comes in, yelling:
"You've got to be kidding me?! Did you forget the password again? You have to choose something that you'll remember! If I have to reset this password one more fucking time...I can't keep doing this for you!"
While he is yelling, I retype my password in. And I got to the page I needed.
"You got in?! Are you kidding me?! Thank God! Try to remember it next time, will you?"
I got this.

No comments:

Post a Comment