Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Vegetarian Sushi and Parrots

Two very exciting things happened today.
1) A coworker bought me vegetarian sushi.
2) A guy came in with a parrot on his shoulder.
Details:
1) Apparently my coworker still felt bad about being a bitch last week because on her first fifteen she went over to the grocery store and bought me a container of vegetarian "sushi". Avacado, cabbage, and carrots wrapped in lettuce, wrapped in rice paper. It came with some sweet and sour sauce, which I dripped on my fushia shirt. It was delicious, not only because it was a welcome change from my usual pb+j but also because it signified her remorse.
2) While in the Hallmark aisle, I hear a voice that sounds like a voice box speaking. I thought someone who had their throat ripped out by a dog or had smoked too much and had to have a replacement voice box put in, was at the register. I know someone like that, so I looked up. To see a young guy getting cigarettes with a big, green parrot on his shoulder! What?! I stop what I am doing to ear hustle and watch. An older lady in a pink jacket and a pink hat came by to ask him a lot of questions. Apparently he paid $1,500 for the bird, who is now worth twice that. He has carefully trained him, but the bird is having a really bad day today. Still, the bird let the woman pet him. Apparently, the bird loves mashed potatoes with cheese, and a block of cheese the size of a pack of cigarettes would last him five days. It only cost about $5 a month to feed the bird, because the owner lets him eat his leftovers. The owner's name is Hunter.
After the guy left, I rung up an older couple and they asked if I had seen them before. I said I may have seen the guy before and didn't remember, but I absolutely have never seen that bird before. Our sign outside says we don't allow dogs besides the service kind, but we don't say anything about birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment