Thursday, May 10, 2012

On My Way To Work

On my walk to work, I have seen the following items: an opened Gold Magnum Condom wrapper, a smooshed can of Steel Reserve (the big'un, but I don't think they come in any other size. Steel Reserve is drunk for only one reason.) and a dead, featherless, not-fully-formed baby bird. I have also found a dollar. And I have seen needles and needle caps in our parking lot. There are also unclaimed coupon and ad paper handouts scattered on people's lawns. I have yet to pick them up.

I was pretty tired most of the day. And the guy below District Manager but above Store Manager came in and told us how to rearrange our store. Apparently we are doing pretty great. But we need to up our sales in general, and ring more in Cosmetics. And according to him, people continue to shop at our store because of me and the interaction and customer service they get there. Which is why I need to encourage people to call the number on the receipt, and rate us with all 9's. Us meaning me. It was actually kind of a nice conversation, but I was a little high-strung, as usual. I thought all his questions were trick ones.

I learned, sort-of anyway, how to mark stuff down for the clearance rack. Which is totally a perfect job for me. And yes, I do grab items to hoard behind or under the registers for a later purchase, possibly involving a coupon.

I ordered a new helium tank today. Even though I think our current one was emptied too quickly. Which leads me to believe we have a huffer on the loose. Or a bunch of dum-dums who play with helium tanks. Or possibly I fill up (and refill) more balloons than I thought.

I look forward to my weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment