Thursday, May 3, 2012

Non-sequiters From My Manager

"Look at her. She has to eat a lot of M&M's to get over that."- said by my manager after I told him I was busy emotionally eating and after my coworker said something mean.

I approach him with minutes left in my shift. I need him to sign himself into the Telzon so I can order some cards. I would sign myself in, but my name expired and no one wants to give me a new one on account of how frequently I forget passwords. Anyway, as I'm handing him the Telzon he says
"I wish I was living in the 40's. 1944, to be exact. And I would want to be old enough to know what's going on. The 40's seem like a good time. Good music, the people are better...it would just be better."
"I feel like the medical fields might be lacking somewhat."
"What medical? They didn't have all those cancers and shit. Most medical was home remedies and shit. Look at you, Ms. Medical over here."
"Uh, ok."
"Or maybe I would like to be in my twenties in the 60's." He puts his thumb and forefinger up to his mouth in the universal pot-smoking gesture." Maybe get high. Like 'heeeyyyy, man. This is some great music.' You know?"
"Right. Could you just sign me in?"

I'm at the front door, waiting for a bag-check. I am taking inventory on people, so when he finally comes up I say, "Its' going to be getting busier in here, on account of the weather. It gets warm and people want to come out and shop."
"Yeah, especially all these fucking kids."
"Yeah, straight from school..."
"All these fucking kids, stealing all the time."
"Not all of them."
"All these fucking kids, with their hats. They take half my aisle...."
He walked away, so I didn't catch the last part, but I'm pretty sure it was hilarious. I yelled out "Bye!" to a few on crew and finally went home.


No comments:

Post a Comment