Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Peelies and Body Piercings

I was in a good mood when I got to work, and I continued to stay in one even though L.P made an appearance. I rung a seemingly nice older couple... and I actually ran when I was doing a price check for them. They come back in a tell me that I made a mistake, that I (purposely, obviously) rung up the nasal spray wrong. While they were doing a return, they tell the H.P.S and manager that the thing in my lip is disgusting and that I am irresponsible and shouldn't be at the front of the store. I don't usually get offended by comments like that, although I rarely get "disgusting". That comment actually hurt my feeling, even second-hand. I was telling my coworkers about how hurt I was, and somehow we ended up talking about herpes. Well, she was talking about herpes and I was talking about my feelings.

A regular comes in and says he wants to see where the line of inappropriate vs. appropriate comments is. But he bought me a Hershey bar and then I stopped listening.

This guy I'm ringing up asks how my day is going so I tell him some previous guy bought me a candy bar, so obviously my day is goin' ok. He asks if I want another one, and I say yes because I very rarely turn down candy and because I am trying to sell those suggestive sale candy bars. And because I do yoga six days a week and I'm feeling pretty good about myself. And I love candy.

A register broke down today. High stress. And I had some problems setting up a Mother's Day card display.

The Ghiradelli bars are 2/$3 and I found some new flavors (Sea Salt with Almonds, Coconut Flakes) and those bars had 50 cent peelies. The Biore face/pore strips are on sale for $7.99 and I had a coupon for a free face wash with purchase of the strips. I paid $10 something for three Ghiradelli bars and some Biore. I saved $17. Decent.

P.S. One of my all-time fave coworkers comes in unexpectedly. Apparently his school year is over, so he'll be at work more. Yea!

P.P.S I am aware that body modification is a choice, therefore I shouldn't be offended when other people don't like it. When a person has multiple tattoos and piercings, that person should expect comments and looks. And I have gotten them both.

No comments:

Post a Comment