Sunday, May 6, 2012

Retirement and Balloons

I ordered balloons today, and apparently I will never be allowed to order them again. I ordered a set of Retirement balloons so I could buy one for my stepma, and I ordered several variety packs. And I threw in some fun extra balloons. My total was $65.66, and any order over $50 we get free shipping. But when my manager came in to double check he asked what was wrong with me, ordering a $25 set of balloons. He said we'll have them forever. Obviously he should have given me some price guidelines before leaving me alone.

The best thing to happen today was seeing the woman who I replaced in the Hallmark aisle. I found her in aisle 7 and she hugged me and kissed me on the cheek. She gave me her number and address so I could stop by and visit her. (No pop-ins!) And she says you have to order over $50 of balloons to get the best deal.

I was difficult to customers who may or may not have deserved in. My temper rose and fell at an alarming rate. And I'm still agitated and one coworker in particular.

I applied for a shift leader position. I'm hoping for the best and preparing for the worst.

AND my ex-manger came in to do some pull-outs today and we chatted it up. I miss her!

No comments:

Post a Comment