Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Cop-Calling Anxiety

A group of girls came in and I had to tell one of them to leave or we would call the cops. But I can't call the cops so I was waiting on my manager. But my manager was too nervous to call, so I ended up looking like a lying hard-ass. I was told by a few managers to call the cops on her...obviously my manger didn't get that memo. The guys with these girls were the ones I had complimented to their mothers. One of them was annoyed that I let these girls scan their candy. The other was alarmed about them following them around. I told him not to hang out with them because he will get in trouble by association. And I mentioned his mom.

I'm not sure that the new lady likes me. My manager had two projects for me, so he pulled me off the register and put her on. It took me a long time to finish everything because I was ringing people up, helping customers, and getting stuck on other things. I apologized that it took me so long. Then I came back to the register so we could start closing. She said, as her face turned red and she started looking pissed, and said,
"The thing about that is, I was supposed to be in camera, and I was on the register all night. So I'm not going to close in camera."
I said,
"Thats' fine. No problem."
But then she left the register. So I stayed up there for another 45 minutes while she did overstock and took her lunch, I think. I told her I thought she might be from Undercover Boss. I hope she likes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment