Friday, April 4, 2014

Day Four

I saw a girl wearing a sweatshirt from the college I went to. I told her that I went to that school...
"and look where I am now."
It seemed like she was thinking about pretending to have not heard me, but then she asked what I majored in.
"Photography. Maybe I should have been a art business major or something."
"Yeah, well, I'm in a Fine Arts major, so thats' not much better."
Perhaps I should have told her I really didn't apply myself in college. Or that I partied a lot.

I had to be on the Register again today, because the new guy was working on the cooler. The register is ok...but because of the delay and the incessant questions on the card reader each of my transactions take longer than I think it should.

I got the lunchtime I wanted because I asked for it at 6:40, and the woman who also wants 8:30 doesn't know how to assert her lunches very well. I take advantage of that.

I saw two small children in the Hallmark aisle. They did not know each other but one kid got real close to the other kid. I asked the dad of one of the girls (I think I had gone to school with him) if they knew each other. He said 'no' and we shared some personal-bubble laughter about small children.

One of my regulars came in with his mom, and I told her that we really like him because him and his friend are usually pretty funny and he doesn't act a fool. I told her that whatever she is doing to help him act like that, she should keep it up. They both grinned.

One woman told me that she thought I would be a fun mom. Yes ma'am!

No comments:

Post a Comment