Saturday, April 19, 2014

Yesterday And Today

YESTERDAY:
Yesterday there was a series of egg fiascoes. We had (have) a strict limit of two, and that just stressed out the whole damn neighborhood.
A husband-wife team came in to get twelve dozen cartons of eggs. I told them absolutely not, and I had to call my manager to confirm this. Then the husband asked me if he could use his points,  but the register didn't say how many points he had, so I told him he had none. And he threw a little hissy fit, paid for his purchase, and saw his points on the receipt. Then he tried to make me feel stupid. Which didn't work.
A woman came in wanting to buy six cartons, which I told her was not possible. Again I had to call the manager. After some argument, the woman behind the egg bandit offered to purchase two cartons for her, if she gave her the cash. So now she gets four. And then the egg-buyer wanted me to get her eggs for her, which I would not do. She asked the guy behind to buy them for her, and he looked alarmed because he didn't know what was happening. I explained, and he declined her money. So this crazy egg-buyer got six cartons for $4.04.

TODAY:
I didn't greet a member of corporate as he came into the store because I was with a customer. Then management called me into the office and I thought I was getting fired. I was not, I just had to fill out a form verifying that I was a U.S citizen.
I mentioned to my tonight-manager that the last-night's manager said it was ok that I left my overstock. Because I was the last to clock out, and it was late. Apparently it was not ok that I left all that overstock and the store manager and his sister-in-law were pissed. And the last-night manager didn't tell them that he said it was ok, so tonight's manager said he would pass that on. Right on, man. Way to get my back.


No comments:

Post a Comment