Saturday, April 26, 2014

Reasonable Accommodations

By 'reasonable accommodations', I mean that I got to sit in my chair today. Because I wasn't working on any project besides ringing people up. And when I was pregnant with my last kid, I also sat down a lot. So there.

My newest new coworker called himself my 'gaurdian angel' because he swoops in to save me from long lines and needy customers. Ridiculous.

I felt a little out of it and weird today. And my shift seemed really long, but not unbearable.

On my fifteen minute break, I painted my nails with Brilliant Shine by Revlon, in a sparkly lime green. (Maybe not the best choice for my skin tone)  It's a relatively new nail polish that doesn't need a top or undercoat. Which I love because I have hard time getting all my coats on without smudging one.

The midshift guy left early. Again.

I told two high school boys about that girl and how she was mean, and that my other co-workers agree, and they should stay away from her and her friends if they don't want to get involved with her bullshit and all that comes with her activities.

I am dreading my next shift because I have to work with someone new, and I'm not sure if she likes me, or if she thinks I'm too slow or... what. It is just really awkard working with her. I guess I will just mentally prepare myself for my lunch at a time I don't like, and my calls not being answered.

An obese man with a normal-sized head, arms, and hands, bought almost $50 of junk food. I tried not to assume that it was all for him, but I think it might have been.

A grandma was buying candy for her grandson. He started to open a package of gum, and I pointed that out to her. She took it away, and he freaked out. He yelled, and she spoke to him harshly in her (their) native language. He was too big for her to physically control, but she still ended up dragging him out of the store. I hope he didn't get the candy she bought for him right away.

A customer mentioned she was buying all this candy for her students. She said they were disturbed, and I said,
"Yeah. Right?"
"No, really. I work with the emotionally disturbed boys in the 8th grade."
"Oh, wow. Did we have this conversation?"
"We did. But that's ok."
"Sorry about that. I get a lot of customers."
She said that the kids she works with are in-residence. And they are very disturbed. I wanted to ask her for an example about their disturbing behavior. Maybe next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment