Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The Checkout

While I was at the register a disheveled woman came up. She told me not to touch her stuff, because she wanted to ring it up herself. So she swiped her stuff by my scanner and scanned her items. She didn't want help, but she did want me to help her with the bags. And then she tripled-bagged her stuff. She wrote a check, and wrote in the wrong date. And then she got fussy when I asked for her ID. When she asked for her smokes, she needed them from the middle of the shelf. Then she asked for my name, which I think she wrote on the inside of her pack.

I believe I might I have over-shared again, with my manager. I don't feel like I'm engaging in harmful gossip, just sharing what I people have said to me (I don't share secrets though). I just get really nervous because...I just do.

I worked with the new lady, who has been a regular customer of mine for about three years. So that's weird and cool.

I thought about Cheetos, but I didn't buy them.


No comments:

Post a Comment